We are looking for a qualified accountant to join our friendly team.
**This job is being posted directly by the employer - Recruiters, please do not get in touch **
About the Role
- Salary: £30,000 to £35,000
- Contract: Full time (flexible working arrangements will be considered)
- Location: Remote and/or office-based (as per preference and COVID-19)
The main focus of the role will be on supporting our clients by providing the full suite of compliance services that you would expect from an accountancy practice. Primary duties:
- Limited Company Accounts (FRS102, FRS105) and Corporation Tax Returns
- UK VAT Returns
- Sole trader accounts and Self Assessment Tax Returns
- Answering questions and providing ad hoc advice to clients
Things you may be asked to help with:
- Payroll & Pensions
- Cashflow forecasts
You must have at least three years' experience working in a UK accounting practice.
The ideal candidate will have experience using both Xero and TaxCalc software.
Working at Ecommerce Accountants Clients:
- Personable - You are personable and can have fun speaking with both clients and members of the team. Your writing is clear and concise, but not robotic.
- Problem Solver - You enjoy solving problems and can easily adapt to changes. You can get stuck into something new without feeling worried or out of your depth.
- Accountable - You are happy to be held accountable and can take full responsibility to ensure the quality of your work is high and deadlines are met. You are happy to get your hands dirty in order to get things done.
- Independent - You are a self-starter and are comfortable working without supervision. You can remain focused and diligent in an independent work environment.
- Techy(kind of) - You know your way around a computer, spreadsheet and enjoy learning new shortcuts and formulae.
- Passion - You love accounting, especially the feeling of when something balances perfectly first time.
We specialise in working with ecommerce businesses, so you can expect to have a varied and interesting workload. On top of this, many of our clients are small owner-managed businesses, so you can expect to have close and personal relationships with the people you are working with.Location:
Our office is located in London, right next to Hoxton station. However, several team members work remotely (pre-lockdown) from other parts of the UK and one is currently logging in each day from Canada. Working from the office is not a necessity, but it would be nice to see you from time to time.Mindset:
We are a forward-thinking and modern firm. We are always looking for ways to improve the experience for our clients and for our team.
- Be treated right - We understand that the most refined work is completed in a respectful and collaborative environment. Negativity has no place here. This is true of our internal relationships and our relationships with clients.
- Remote friendly - Want to work from home or abroad? So long as you are able to stay connected to the team and be on top of your workload, we are happy to accommodate.
- Animal friendly - Our office is animal friendly (although we are yet to get an office dog). If you have a pet, they are welcome to join the team too.
- Keep learning forever - We support your professional development through training programmes, workshops, and provide immediate feedback to ensure we're always learning from one another.
If you match the above criteria and you like the sound of us, then we look forward to working with you.
- Complete the application form below
- We will screen the applications as they come in and will invite promising candidates to send a screening video (nothing scary, just a quick video introducing yourself)
- You will be invited for a screening interview (approx. 15 minutes) with one of our senior team members
- You will be asked to complete a written and verbal assessment to test basic accounting knowledge and client communication skills.
- You will be invited for a final interview with two of our team