Are you looking for a role which is challenging, yet varied and rewarding? This role may be for you!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a PR and Communications Manager to join our team based in Parkview Hub, Thamesmead. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary of £38,000 - £42,000 per annum.
About the PR and Communications Manager role:
These are exciting times for Thamesmead - London's new town - as it embarks on the next stage of its future. The plans are now gaining momentum, with work on the amazing blue and green open spaces underway, new homes, buildings and spaces being created and a fantastic programme of cultural and community activity. This is a stretching and crucial role for Thamesmead, ensuring that we inspire and involve our residents and stakeholders in our activities.
We're looking for a creative storyteller and newshound, who will work with the Thamesmead team to identify the PR opportunities and develop plans to bring the story of Thamesmead alive. You will understand how to maximise the stories and create integrated PR and communication plans which reach a variety of audiences. This would be a great opportunity for someone with a PR agency background looking to step into a broader communications role.
Responsibilities of ourPR and Communications Manager will include:
- Deliver an integrated PR and communications plan to support the delivery of the plan for Thamesmead, engaging residents, stakeholders and employees in our activities
- Create high-quality and creative campaigns to promote local events, community programmes and cultural initiatives both to Thamesmead residents and wider audiences
- Build strong relationships with the Thamesmead team and ensure that all activity is planned and communicated across internal and external communication channels
- Draft a quarterly magazine and monthly newsletters for Thamesmead residents
- To lead on content plan for the Thamesmead website and social media channels, ensuring that information is relevant, engaging and consistent.
- Identify relevant awards and work with team to develop high-quality and compelling entries
- Support in the delivery of community consultations and resident engagement activity
- Promote Thamesmead activities internally across Peabody to excite employees with progress
- Work closely with the external affairs team to build the profile and reputation of Thamesmead by:
- Identifying events and speaking opportunities to help build the profile of Thamesmead externally, developing briefs for speakers and ensuring that key messages are communicated
- To identify and develop stories for use in local and national media activity
- Gathering information to help develop responses to media enquiries
- To keep an up to date case study and photography database
- Develop monthly reports which evaluate activity and monitor progress
What we're looking for in our PR and Communications Manager:
- Experience of delivering mutli-channel consumer PR campaigns which elevate opportunities to gain national attention
- Experience of leading multiple communications projects in a busy team with the ability to handle competing deadlines
- Strong eye for news and making the most out of a story with the ability to develop creative ideas
- Creative writing skills with the ability to develop human, engaging copy that connects with residents
- Strong digital skills, with experience of working with Umbraco
- Good influencing skills with the ability to build a wide range of relationships
- Ability to work to a brief including budgets and deadlines
- Evidence of success in building good working relationships across professional and operational boundaries and at all levels, including senior management and external stakeholders
Closing date: 8th December 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our PR and Communications Manager, please click 'apply' now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST