School Welfare Officer - Newcastle
The Education Network are currently working in partnership with a school in Newcastle who are seeking a School Welfare Officer to join them as soon as possible. This full-time role will involve working with vulnerable students, promoting positive behaviour and school attendance. The successful candidate will liaise with school staff, parents, and outside agencies to ensure that the individual students' support needs are met and will be responsible for the welfare of students in the school. Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing sensitive data. A strong understanding and commitment to data protection is therefore crucial.
This is a temporary role that will become permanent for the right candidate.
Requirements for the role of School Welfare Officer:
- Degree qualified (preferable)
- Experience within a school setting
- Experience of promoting the welfare of children to enable them to achieve their academic and personal goals
- Experience of working with third party agencies
- A strong commitment to confidentiality, and an understanding of GDPR legislation
- A strong understanding of safeguarding and its application to the role of School Welfare Officer
- Have strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with staff, parents and students
- Have excellent organisational and time management skills
The Education Network has become first choice for secondary schools across the region for both daily and long term supply cover. We also work with our client schools on exclusive temp to permanent recruitment opportunities not advertised anywhere else.
We have developed a unique CPD programme for our teachers and support staff and you could also benefit from the ongoing training we provided to all our staff free of charge as and when the courses are released throughout the course of the academic year.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance + standards. Any appointment will be subject to stringent checks including referencing and an enhanced DBS check. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
The Education Network is taking the current Coronavirus pandemic very seriously and works to ensure that its staff, candidates and clients remain safe at work. As part of this, all interviewing is being conducted via video calling software, Hinterview. Access to a PC/laptop with audio and video capabilities or a smart phone will be required.
If you are interested in the role of School Welfare Officer, please email with an up to date copy of your CV, or give us a call on (phone number removed) for an informal discussion about opportunities