My client is an international top tier practice based in Surrey. They are a highly ambitious firm that are experiencing a period of strong growth and looking for a Tax Manager (VAT) to join their expanding team. You will act as a key contact to client stakeholders and provide expert advice on all VAT and customs issues.
Key Responsibilities for the Tax Manager (VAT) role:-
Duties will include:
- Providing an advisory service to clients and develop relationships with new and existing clients
- Work closely and take ownership of clients VAT project work including transactional related projects
- Tale a proactive role in the management of the VAT department
- Develop, train and manage more junior members of the team
- Liaising with clients and HMRC
- Identify new opportunities and develop new business, including working closely with Directors on marketing strategies.
- Monitoring deadlines and client obligations.
The ideal candidate will be CTA qualified, with proven experience within a VAT focussed role. You will be technically astute and ideally have experience of property transactions, cross-border trading, VAT registrations and customs proceedures. You will be an effective communicator who is confident in taking ownership of complex advisory assignments.