White Label is very excited to be recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer with heavy fabrications experience for a permanent role based near Southport.
Due to heightened workload and a busy order book they now require a Mechanical Design Engineer to come on board to support their growth.
Key Tasks: Not limited to...
* Design and implement cost-effective equipment or modifications to help improve safety and reliability
* Typically will be designing or modifying lifting equipment, bins, walkways, platforms, although products will be massively varied.
* Develop a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines
* Discuss and solve complex problems with, suppliers and customers
* Ensuring a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments
* Managing projects
* Produce details of specifications for a design
* Recommend modifications following testing results
* Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modelling and computer-aided design
* Consider the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
* Work with other professionals, within and outside the Plant Engineering Department
* Monitor and commission a design.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
* Degree qualified in mechanical engineering or relevant qualification
* Experienced in 2D and 3D modelling. Inventor preferred but other packages considered.
* Relevant post graduate experience
* Fully proficient in Microsoft Office applications
* Worked on designs for heavy plant machinery
* Good knowledge and understanding of design codes e.g. Machinery directive, PUWER and LOLER
* Experience working on heavy plant designs for the piling or mining industry
* Experienced in 2D and 3D modelling using Inventor
* An Understanding of Autodesk Vault
* Understanding of hydraulic systems
* An Understanding of BIM Physical Working Environment:
* Mainly office based, however when necessary site visits are required in the UK and aboard
Salary and benefits:
* £36k - £40k dependant on experience
* Working with a motivated and driven team
* 41.5 hrs - Mon > Thursday 08.00 - 17.30 & Friday 08.00 - 13.30
* Company car
We are looking to be moving quickly with this role and will be holding interviews within the next two weeks. If this is of interest and you meet the requirements, please apply or contact Eve Dunn at White Label Recruitment