Delighted to be supporting a fantastic international organisation based in County Durham with their Group Accounts Executive position. This role will be suitable for a practice qualified candidate (likely ACA) who is looking for their first move into industry or a practice qualified candidate with industry experience.
The opportunity has varied responsibilities that cover statutory accounting, group consolidation, analysis, reporting and will be the key point of contact for audit.
The successful candidate will be based at the company's Head Office in County Durham, and will report to the Group Financial Controller, also Head Office based. The role will be extremely varied and will involve statutory consolidation of the 2 companies (there are currently Management Accountants in post in each country). There will be focus around review and preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, project reporting, producing board reports and monthly management reports. The ideal candidate will have a full understanding of accounting standards: IFRS 15 and 16, and IAS 36 and 38. The role will also involve occasional visits to international sites subject to travel restrictions.Core duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Statutory consolidation of the International and UK accounts
- Providing detailed management information to the Group Financial Controller for presentation to various stakeholders
- Producing monthly management reports
- Revenue analysis & Contract revenue analysis
- Producing project reports for project managers and monitoring costs to budget
- Review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with the preparation of quarterly board reports
- Key point of contact for auditors, with responsibility for smooth running of the group audit process
- Assisting the team to ensure the accounts progress through audit in an efficient and timely manner
- The successful candidate is likely to be ACA qualified seeking their first move into industry or a ACA qualified candidate with industry experience
- You will be bright, creative, a self-starter and someone with commercial acumen.
- Strong IFRS knowledge of 15, 16 and IAS 36 and 38
- Demonstratable experience of working in a pressurised reporting environment and experience of working in a team
- Ability to deliver on tight reporting deadlines with strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to proactively take on new projects as and when required
This is a great opportunity where you will gain a lot of support within and ongoing development from two "hands on" strong leaders.The Benefits:
- Life assurance 3 x salary.
- Share options
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days.
- 5% matched pension
- Paid private medical scheme
- Cycle to work
- Medicash scheme