Data Engineer Edinburgh - remote initially with view of 2/3 days office based per week long termSalary - up to £55,000 + benefits
Leading consultancy business have a requirement for an experienced Data Engineer to join their expanding team.
You will scope and deliver data projects for a diverse client base with hands-on data engineering and appropriate testing before handover to QA and delivery.
You will provide vital technical input into the solution definition, design data warehouses and provide accurate estimates of effort to support Project Managers all of which results in projects running to schedule.
Skills / experience:
- Ensuring the delivery of all projects under your supervision are on schedule, to the time estimates given
- Design and implement complex data pipelines required in the data warehouse and data lake
- Deliver complex data modelling and views
Contact David Southwood - Sanderson Recruitment
- Strong background within Data Engineer roles
- Commercial experience developing a number of high-value projects in data provision
- Skilled in data development, experience with ETL processes
- Strong SQL capabilities
- Experience of cloud based technologies such as AWS (preffered), Microsoft Azure or GCP.
- High standards of professionalism with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Python development experience preferred
- Proven track record of researching and identifying optimum tools and methods for solving complex data problems
- Able to build strong relationships with stakeholders and senior leadership teams