Online Channel Strategy Manager
This role will be central to building the strategy and commercial initiatives required to drive online European business for the TV/AV categories.
The focus will be across all online channels with a key requirement is also to ensure that the online and offline strategies are aligned to deliver overall TV/AV sales targets.
You will have a proven understanding of how to deliver the best in class online experience for the consumer and drive online critical metrics (traffic, conversion, upsell, loyalty).
A focus area will be to ensure commercial alignment across different countries; you will be central to aligning promotional plans and commercial policies as required and identify and drive pan-European initiatives.
The online market is developing differently in each country; you'll be in charge of transferring knowledge and expanding standard methodologies to support the countries that are in early stages of their digital transformation.
Another aspect of the role is engaging with European Customers to drive customer-specific initiatives.
Key to success will be building close relationships with Samsung HQ, European Marketing and local Subsidiaries to drive commercial outcomes.
As Online Strategy Channel Manager - What can you look forward to doing?
* Define the European digital marketing strategy and critical metrics based on a deep comprehension of the online market.
* Develop new online business models to accelerate revenue growth and improve category profitability.
* Ensure implementation of European strategy through mentorship and coordination of all European subsidiaries.
* Analyse subsidiary progress and results, present findings to the leadership team and assist in developing overall business strategy.
* Improve visibility of critical metrics for the online channels (revenue, conversion, traffic, upsell, loyalty).
* Work closely with Marketing and HQ Teams to ensure a best in class online experience for our consumer.
* Drive pan-European commercial initiatives to improve performance, improve customer experience and increase conversion rates and customer retention.
* Drive alignment in local promotional and commercial plans across countries as required (e.g. align Prime Day offerings, eStore European promotions, Pure Players T&Cs).
* Identify standard methodologies and establish a forum/communication channel to enable sharing standard methodologies, knowledge transfers and sales tools for the local teams.
* Lead efforts to understand our consumer, customer & competitiveness and forecast online market trends to bring to bear findings and deliver business goals.
* Lead regular internal business reviews and identify gaps that cannot be fulfilled locally and European/HQ support is required.
* Support the preparations for quarterly business reviews and online strategies with European customers; lead customer-specific projects on how to drive online important metrics as required.
* For Samsung eStore - map the capabilities of each country and jointly build a mid-term roadmap for capability building.
* Provide growth guides and commercial direction and support local teams in execution.
* Build a European online promotional roadmap for local execution working closely with the PM and Marketing Teams.
* Bring new ideas, creativity, and insights to drive online critical metrics.
* Develop strong, collaborative working relationships across the organisation
What are they looking for in you?
* Experience in digital management and in driving programmes to grow online important metrics (revenue, retention, upsell, unique visitors, conversion rates).
* Strong commercial acuity and P&L understanding
* Understanding of the European retail landscape
* Strong analytical/numerical skills, great attention to detail and being able to identify impactful insights from data
* Strong communications skills; confidence in delivering presentations and arguments to both operational and senior levels
* Being able to establish relationships across seniority levels inside and outside the organisation
* Experience of working in a multi-cultural / Pan-European environment is desired but not required
* Being passionate about technology and wanting to make a difference
What does success look like?
* Drive growth for the online channels; define the direction and commercial initiatives (where required) to accelerate performance across key critical metrics (revenue, retention, upsell, unique visitors, conversion rate)
* Ensure offline and online strategies are aligned to deliver overall TV/AV sales targets.
* Enjoy your job, belief in what you are doing and being able to deliver it with passion
* Build a network of relationships to support you in making a difference
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our Company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status