Norse Group are a specialist facilities management services provider, built on a foundation of local government partnerships across the UK.
Our Daventry Norse division are a highly successful contract services and frontline service provider of grounds maintenance, trade waste and street cleansing services.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Workshop Manager to join the team based at our depot in Towcester.
As Workshop Manager, you will be responsible for the control, compliance, and efficient operation of the Daventry Norse's Fleet Workshop Facilities, ensuring safe, punctual, reliable and cost-effective delivery of services carried out by maintenance and repair staff on the fleet of high-profile front-line vehicles and plant operated by Daventry Norse and South Northamptonshire Council.
This role commands strong fleet workshop and management experience with the ability to formulate and develop a strong team environment. You will ensure personnel remain motivated, trained and capable of delivering the above requirements with a flexible approach.
You will be required to meet the overall operational and legal requirements of our fleet along with meeting business targets and client service level agreements, identifying opportunities to develop income streams and drive continuous improvement whilst providing a customer focused service.
Our Successful candidate:
* Automotive Engineering qualification - Level 3 in mechanical engineering
* Previous management experience in a similar role managing a diverse workshop operation.
* Current knowledge of legislation in relation to workshops, vehicle inspection, maintenance and annual testing standards for both HGV's Light Goods Vehicles.
* Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage your own workload, meeting strict deadlines whilst under pressure.
* Ability to interpret, understand and provide technical advice making concise decisions and providing effective solutions.
* Driving License with Cat B
* Competitive salary
* 25 Days annual leave + Bank Holidays
* Sickness pay scheme
* Stat NEST Pension
* Excellent career development opportunities
Please read the attached job description and person specification to ensure you meet the criteria for the role before applying.
We are committed to employment practices and behaviours which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful and will not be progressed to the next stage