Senior Account Manager - Guildford£35000 - £40000Purpose of the role
As a Junior Account Director with you will be responsible for all client accounts in your business unit. You lead the communications strategy and activity for your clients and identify opportunities to nurture and grow each account. You manage and develop your team for effective delivery of agreed activity, and you are focused on building and maintaining strong client relationships. You have a strong network of media contacts and are continuing to develop your connections.ResponsibilitiesClient Services Director involvement:
- Work with the Client Services Director to develop client strategy and plans, ultimately leading to the expansion of each account.
- Be involved in the development of financial budgets for each client annually, with an initial draft developed by the end of November and finalised budgets by the end of the year (depending on client financial year).
- Build close relationships with each client including:
- Focus on developing long-term strategy for each client, identifying new areas of focus and growth.
- Oversee the team as they develop PR proposals and plans to support
- the client's marketing and sales objectives
- Manage the delivery of your client's PR campaigns/activities including managing the writing of press releases, extended articles, brochure/catalogue entries, advertisements and promotional material
- Maintain regular contact with the client during the month, keeping them fully informed of the work in progress
- At critical times, take the lead on major issues to manage a smooth path for the client and the agency whilst empowering and/or training your team to support accordingly and learn the correct procedures and protocols
- Attend regular client meetings to discuss ongoing activity delivery and ensure prompt distribution of minutes from those meetings
- Working with your team, identify forward news and general information pertinent to and about the industry and recommend action to be taken if appropriate
- Be an expert in your clients' businesses, reading appropriate media; become familiar with their markets, business strategies, competitors and general industry news
- Attend client events where relevant including trade shows, product launches, conferences, hospitality events etc.
- Meet with your Account Team weekly to progress client activity, review and delegate work, manage responsibilities, set targets and oversee delivery of activity.
- Help and drive your team to build and maintain relationships with each client's target media through regular contact including face-to-face briefings where appropriate
- Work to develop skill set of team members, mentoring, nurturing, encouraging and educating them to ensure personal development
- Conduct six monthly appraisals and following these, confirm training requirements
to the Client Services Director. In conjunction with HR, develop individual training schedules.
- Develop existing accounts and identify opportunities for new, additional activity.
- Attend new business meetings and actively participate in new business pitches, including research, writing proposals and presentations
- Computer housekeeping; own filing and individual admin duties; Attend relevant events on behalf of the agency where appropriate.
Attributes & Experienced Required
- Continue your professional development, in consultation with the Director, take an interest in the sectors relevant to your clients, prospects and PR industry.
- Five year's PR experience
- Strong network of national and business media contacts
- Experience of client pitch delivery
- Line management experience
- English or Journalism degree
- Proven desire to keep abreast of industry issues and changes
- Ability to develop creative PR ideas and approaches
- Excellent proven communications skills - both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of PR industry processes and practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate an innovative and problem-solving approach to issues
- Interest in current affairs
- Ability to manage own workload
- Ability to work under pressure and ensure deadlines are met, including managing multiple PR programmes
- B2B PR experience
- Social media management
- Influencer engagement
- Event managements not been shortlisted