To set-up tools and mould plastic components to meet scheduled customer and company demands.
· To operate injection moulding machines according to procedure.
· Set-up and operate injection moulding machines to manufacture plastic components.
· Set machine controls, regulating moulding temperature, volume of plastic, moulding pressure and time according to knowledge of plastics and moulding procedures.
· To trim excess material from parts if necessary.
· To segregate rejects by material type to allow regrind process.
· To regrind scrapped product for reuse.
· Ensure parts produced meet the criteria of the work instructions / visual aid.
· Carry out quality checks on moulded parts as necessary.
· Accurately completes all logs, data input and written, to include hourly checks and downtime.
· Pack and identify product as per instructions.
· To maintain production tools ready and in safe condition by administering the tooling preventative maintenance program.
· To perform preventive maintenance on machines.
· Troubleshoots and repairs equipment as needed.
· Performs root cause analysis when problems arise to determine if actions can be taken immediately or appropriate personnel need to be called.
· To participate in cross functional process improvement teams and will actively participate in daily team production meetings.
· To communicate key items with the plant environment on safety, quality, maintenance, production and continuous improvement.
· To follow work instructions as needed and may be asked to write, revise and train others to those instructions.
· To maintain a clean area and performs general housekeeping.
· Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with company quality program and procedures, company policies and safety and environmental regulations.
· Uphold all polices in relation to health, Safety and Welfare
· Experience in a plastic moulding manufacturing environment.
· Experience in setting of moulding injection machines
· Able to operate forklift to move tools to and from the moulding area.
· Able to perform basic maths function.
A high standard of personal appearance