Elevation Engineering and Manufacturing are supporting a specialist engineering business in Sheffield in their search for a Controls and Commissioning Engineer to support both the Sheffield Office and customer sites UK wide.
This role is a challenging, highly technical and reactive position that provides a platform for a talented engineer to take on a diverse range of tasks around electrical control systems, installation and integration, customer site maintenance and design work.
The Controls and Commissioning Engineer's main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the system design team with specification and integration of electrical field services and control systems
- EC&I documentation work
- Verifying control systems elements of installation works
- Carry out electrical fault finding activities (testing and commissioning)
- Control system electrical testing activities from cable testing
- Produce risk assessment and method statements to cover site activities
- Support overall project management in delivering electrical/mechanical installation, testing and commissioning activities
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and identify any electrical or control system problems
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in the installation and testing of electrical control systems
- Electrical wiring regulation and health and safety legislation knowledge
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulation Certificate and/or Machine Safety Regulation knowledge (BS EN (phone number removed) (Desirable)
- PLC/HIM literate to enable testing, commissioning and fault finding
- Comfortable lodging away at customer sites as required - this can account for up to 40% of the role at times
Elevation Engineering & Manufacturing is a specialist recruitment consultancy dealing with engineering, technical and operational positions in Yorkshire and the surrounding regions. If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this position please send your application or call Jack Heffren on (phone number removed) for all enquiries.
Please visit our website at (url removed) for more information