Trading Manager Job in Poole
Dovetail Recruitment are pleased to be working with a fast growing family run business in Poole in recruiting for a Content Manager / Senior Copywriter. This is an exciting role offering great long term development in a rewarding and exciting workplace.
The successful Trading Manager will be responsible for the profit and loss for the safety and facilities division, this role will proactively initiate and drive the trading activity required across products, pricing, promotion and people to exceed short and medium term sales, profitability and customer acquisition/retention targets within it.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Delivery of marketing KPIs as agreed with Group Marketing Director and Group Trading Manager - with monthly profitand-loss reporting and detailed commercial analysis as required.
* Ownership of improving sales and profitability ratios in the safety and facilities division, relative to marketing spend and stock investment
* Proactively planning, proposing and driving dynamic and valueadded marketing activity via printed marketing, websites, email marketing, and more.
* Developing marketing initiatives and ideas to acquire and retain high quality b2b customers
* Working directly with group buying and supply chain contacts to manage and optimise ongoing product life cycles, stock values, sourcing/supplier opportunities and range architecture
* Working with the Group Digital Manager to continually develop and optimise our custom offering
* Working with core and digital marketing teams to optimise online and printed marketing conversion rate, spend and return
* Working with the content team to proactively identify merchandising improvements
* Working with the product team to source/research new opportunities and continuously launch successful new products and discontinue old ones.
* Analysing response to marketing activity and proposing refinements and improvements as necessary
* Identifying new opportunities and launching new business units within the safety and facilities remit
* Supporting the GTM with reporting and planning of group trading activity
* Performance and personnel management of an Assistant Trading Manager.
* 3 years of experience in b2b ecommerce and/or product marketing positions.
* Demonstratable experience of proactively initiating and leading product or market led initiatives that generate significant growth in sales and profitability.
* Have a good of understanding of business, product and customer life cycles.
* Possess strong analytical skills and commercial acumen - experience of business analysis to profitand-loss level is highly desirable.
* Are entrepreneurial and curious, with a strong bias for investigation and action.
Salary & Benefits:
* £30 - 35,000 per annum
* Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
* Discounted gym membership
* 21 days holiday + bank holidays
* Increasing holiday entitlement
* Free on-site parking
* Staff lunches and social events
* Further training opportunities supported
This Trading Manager role requires someone full time, so we unfortunately cannot consider any part time applicants.
Please note that due to the current COVID-19 crisis, all office staff are currently working from home. This role is usually office based but to begin with, this role will be home based, 5 days a week. All training will be carried out remotely with support from the hiring manager and the wider team.
If you are interested in this role, please click on 'Apply Now'.
Alternatively, to see our other vacancies, please visit our website