Reporting into the UK Credit Control Supervisor.
As part of a team of 6, this role is to provide a professional centralised credit control service to the UK business.
Dimensions - Department
* Sales ledger - c£1.2 billion
* Average weekly cash collection - c£22 million
* 11,200 invoices per month
* Sales ledger accounts - 300
* Sundry accounts - 80
* Accountability and ownership of own UK customer accounts.
* Build relationships with customers through frequent telephone contact, chasing payment for due/overdue invoices in accordance with Princes Trading terms.
* Posting and allocation of customer payments using SAP.
* Process and resolve invoice claims through information gathering and liaison with Sales, Supply Chain, Depots & Customer Services.
* Issue weekly reports detailing customer payment shortfalls and aged debt analysis.
* Post journals to clear deductions from the sales ledger.
* Ensure that paper and EDI invoices are issued daily.
* Update customer records on SAP, detailing all debtors chase actions.
* Internal control process compliance.
Knowledge & Skills
* Strong customer service skills
* SAP knowledge of AR order to cash process.
* Proven experience in a Credit Control role, with responsibility for major customer accounts.
* Good communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels.
* Motivated team player with ability to build relationships and influence.
* Strong organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
* Proactive problem solver who can work on own initiative.
* Good analytical skills with attention to detail.
* Ability to adapt to change