Controls / PLC Engineer
Shift based, Panama Days and Nights.
£45,000 - £48,000 with exellent benefits.
I am currently looking to recruit a Controls / PLC Engineer to join my client based in Essex.
My client is a world leader in automated warehousing and industrial automation technology.
At the forefront of the clients distribution centres are the Engineering team, ensuring that technology continually beats the competition. Working in our brand new highly automated warehouse you will be using the latest versions of cutting edge hardware and software.
As the Controls/PLC Engineer you will be our front line support with any controls system related issues. Using your expert technical knowledge and people skills to coach the Engineering team and improve their diagnostic skills to identify controls issues.
What do they need?
Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software, this may include, but is not limited to:
1. Excellent working knowledge of Control Systems
2. HNC Engineering or equivalent
3. Engineering Technician Apprenticeship
4. Manufacturers PLC training and appropriate experience
5. PLC and Controls & Electrical and/or mechanical skills preferably gained in an FMCG background to at least NVQ 3
What they need:
* Sound analytical skills, good problem solver.
* Online code monitoring / modification / development with Siemens S7 300/400 PLCs
* A good understanding of PLC control system architecture and field control devices.
* Experience in Warehousing / distribution / logistics / airports / production lines.
* Working with tote and pallet conveyors.
* Good communication skills both verbal and written and good interpersonal skills, able to analyse and impart knowledge.
* Good organisational ability, able to prioritise.
* Experience with Robotics would be an advantage
* Self-motivated, consistent and able to work at pace.
* Computer literate in MS office package, ability to use a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS).
* Physically able to carry out engineering activities within the Automated Warehouse (CFC)
* English Language ability such that able to read and understand safety information, technical manuals and data, and communicate clearly with colleagues to enable a safe environment.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful