We are currently recruiting for a Deputy Lead Scientist in a new COVID-19 Lighthouse Testing Laboratory in Bracknell.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a hands on, fast paced role and to really make a difference with the fight against COVID-19.
Working through the Lead Scientist/Laboratory Manager, and in close liaison with the Clinical Lead, you will be responsible for the day to day management of staff and resources within the department.Key Duties:
- To act as deputy for Lead Scientist in the department
- To be responsible for the day to day operation and staff management within the department, ensuring uninterrupted delivery of a quality specialist service, managing deficiencies of resources where necessary
- To assist the Lead Scientist in organising and facilitating in-house training, testing and certification of technical staff and in-house training of junior medical staff if required
- To assist the Lead Scientist in the setting and maintenance of standards within the analytical services
- MSC Biomedical Science/Medical Microbiology/Virology or equivalent
- Extensive relevant specialist laboratory experience
- Experience of working at a management level
- Supervisory and training experience
- Experience of conducting staff appraisals
- Experience of budget management
- Good grasp of health and safety issues
These roles are offered on a 12 month FTC basis with competitive rates of pay. Please note you will be required to work on a shift basis.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please click on the link below to apply and our recruitment team will be in touch with further details.