We are currently seeking Outreach Learning Mentors to support a virtual school in based in Nottinghamshire.
A virtual school is an education facility to help organise the teaching, care and support of Looked After Children (LAC); Without a designated permanent classroom. Learning Mentors will be required to travel to multiple sites to support pupils with their learning and progress.
Responsibilities will include:
1.Provide, time bonded educational interventions, to support Looked After Children across the cohort areas of the Virtual School including; .
2. Playing an integral part of the Transition programme from each Key Stage from KS1 - KS5.
4. Monitor and assess pupils progress in line with SMART targets.
5. Provide in depth progress reports for each pupil and attend PEP meetings to participate in progressing each pupil.
Skills candidates applying for this role must have:
1. Be resourceful, adaptable and resilient.
2. Champion inclusion and diversity.
4. MUST have previous experience of working in a classroom setting either as an LSA, HLTA or have QTS
5. Experience of working with SEND students with SEMH, Attachment Disorder and pupils who are or have been disengaged with education.
6. Access to a vehicle would be an advantage for anyone applying for this role but not essential as work could be local.
If you are interested in this role please contact Katie on (phone number removed) or E-mail your CV to
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services