An exciting and varied opportunity has come available for a General Practice Accountant with a well-respected, boutique in size firm of accountants in Wakefield.
The company has an exceptional reputation in the industry and has a wide and varied client base within numerous industries and business entities.
This position would be perfect for an ambitious ACCA/ACA qualified accountant, wishing to progress with their career, who will be working within a forward-thinking accountancy practice in the prosperous city of Wakefield.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of previous experience gained within a general accountancy practice where they have carried out a varied range of tasks, including accounts preparation, VAT returns, tax computations, and possibly audit.
Reporting directly to the regularity. This is a fantastic opportunity for an accountant that wants to progress their career within a practice that is oriented towards staff growth and progression.
You will be dealing with a range of work to include:
* Building and maintaining strong client relationships.
* Handled small business accounting with journal.
* Preparing working papers and annual accounts for sole traders and owner managed SMEs.
* Prepare statutory accounts in accordance with UK FRS 105 and FRS 102A.
* Prepare corporation tax returns for our clients with small-sized companies.
* Review VAT returns and submissions under MTD.
* Communicating with clients.
* Liaise with HMRC on behalf of clients.
* Supervise a team of accounts and train staff as appropriate.
* Processing Journals and finalising Accounts.
* Preparation of accounts and VAT returns for Sole Traders, Company and Partnerships.
* Corporation tax submission.
* Companies House admin.
* HMRC compliance.
Telephone and face to face liaison with clients including onsite visits.
Other ad-hoc duties.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
* 3 years of experience working within an accountancy firm.
* ACA/ACCA level qualified or Qualified by experience within a general public practice setting.
* Previous experience in a similar position in a practice background is a must.
* Work confidently with various computer and accounting software such as Quickbooks and Xero.
* Good oral/written English skill.
* Up to date financial and tax regulations.
* Quality assurance and customer care.
* Effective business communication and team working spirit.
Salary will be negotiable depending on experience