My client is seeking a contract Chief Operating Officer to work with their growing teams in Milton Keynes and Wilmslow. The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for ensuring that the Bank attains its stated operational goals, by leading and directing the efforts of operational units which report to them and coordinating overall home finance operational activity across the Bank.About us
Founded in 2007, my client a challenger bank that operates in accordance with Shariah principles. They offer personal and corporate savings products and finance for UK residential and commercial property, in addition to sourcing and advising on UK real estate investments.Key responsibilities
- The position ensures that all operational aspects of the Bank's home finance activities operate in a safe and sound manner in the best interest of shareholders and the Board of Directors
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer to support and successfully implement the Bank's ongoing business strategy and development of retail financing and other new business areas
- Plan, organise, and control the day-to-day operational functions and activities of the Bank consistent with the goals, objectives, and policies established by the Board.
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities and develop leadership/management skills across the bank
- Maintain and develop appropriate organisational and conduct risk culture, values and reputation in its markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies.
- Member of the Executive Committee and other management committees as determined by the CEO.
- Responsible for managing the bank's infrastructure and internal corporate policies, relevant to home finance plus identifying and implementing property strategies
- Represent the Bank to the outside world, including business partners, customers and the press as required.
- Conduct appraisals for all direct reports on at least a half yearly basis and ensure heads of departments carry out appraisals with their teams
- Developing the leadership capability of the operations team at all management levels
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
- Agree objectives in line with business and brand objectives and values, and ensure heads of departments carry out appraisals with their teams
- Significant UK retail banking experience, a large proportion of which must be at senior management level with a proven track record of achievements
- Sound technical knowledge and experience of corporate governance and regulatory compliance within the regulated environment of financial services
- Experience of leading change in a rapidly developing environment
- Advanced Business and Report writing skills
- Advanced understanding of Mortgage products (inc. Secured Lending)
- Project Management
- Risk awareness
- Regulatory standards awareness
- Influencing skills (negotiation, persuasion, leadership)
- Stakeholder Management
- Internal collaboration with key departments (Compliance, Risk, Operations, Marketing)