We have various opportunities available (from entry-level to fully experienced, c. £18k upwards d.o.e) to join us as a Production Assistant or Production Engineer, based in our head office in Bridgwater, Somerset in return for a highly competitive package.
Monmouth Scientific Limited was established in 2004 and has been expanding rapidly ever since. We have a very diverse but niche range of products covering a variety of disciplines and technologies around Fume Containment and Clean Air and bespoke Air Handling systems.
We carry out servicing, repair and calibration of Air Handling Equipment all over the UK and ROI, and we are now regarded as one of the leading suppliers and manufacturers of Fume Cabinets and Clean Air solutions, not only in the UK, but increasingly more further afield in Europe, Africa and Asia. Our client base consists of many prestigious companies and organisations in a wide range of sectors from Educational, Defence, Aerospace, Motorsport and Private enterprise.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Production Assistant/Engineer (depending on experience):
- Assembling and manufacturing Monmouth products and equipment in a timely manner
- Following build instructions as given and working to Monmouth Production standards
- Working in a structured and tidy manner in line with Monmouth's 'Quality Management System'
- Communicating as and when needed with the Production, Engineering, Service and Quality Teams with regard to stock levels, deliveries, products and suppliers
- Testing equipment as necessary after production ready for final test
- Keeping the Warehouse and Production areas clean & tidy
- Moving stock and equipment using a Pallet Truck or Forklift (after suitable training has been received & verified)
- Adhering to all Health & Safety Policies issued by the Company at all times
- Representing Monmouth in a professional, well-presented and courteous manner
- Assisting where necessary with any other adhoc tasks and Warehouse activities required or deemed necessary by Monmouth, including but not limited to acceptance of goods, dispatch of stock, packing of goods & handling
What we are looking for in our Production Assistant/Engineer:
- Experience in Electrical and Mechanical assembly desirable, but not essential, as full training will be offered ongoing
- Ability to read & fully understand Basic Wiring Diagrams
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail, and be able to follow processes and quality-controlled standards of work, in line with Company procedures and guidelines
- Ability to take responsibility for personal development, in line with agreed annual performance objectives
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Desire to develop, through ongoing drive and a proactive approach to work
- Ability to work as part of a team to achieve organisational goals
- GCSE (or equivalent) Grade "C" in English Language and Mathematics
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- 'Forklift Licence' holder
- "CSCS Card" holder
Closing Date for our Production Assistant/Engineer role: strictly 1pm, Wednesday 2nd December 2020
If you think that you have the skills and experience to become one of our new Production Assistants/Engineers, click 'apply' today to submit your CV and covering letter detailing which role you are applying for and your salary expectations. We'd love to hear from you!
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, and welcome applications from all who meet our selection criteria. Please note, it is unlawful to employ a person who does not have 'entitlement and eligibility' to work in the UK, so please ensure you have this permission before applying.
By applying for this role, you agree to us sharing your data with those responsible for recruitment & training, purely for the purpose of this recruitment campaign.
Applicants who demonstrate competency in the key selection criteria and most closely match our requirements will be short-listed for a brief telephone Interview soon after the closing date. If you are successful at this first stage, you will be invited to a more formal Interview at our Bridgwater Head Office.
Applications will be accepted by post, e-mail or in person to our reception area. All applications received by the closing date will be acknowledged. We cannot accept responsibility for late applications or those lost in the post or e-mail system.
No Agencies please