Our client is a well-respected, boutique in size, firm of accountants located in Darlington, that are seeking a General Practice Accountant. My client has an exceptional reputation in the industry and has a wide and varied client base within numerous industries and business entities.
The successful candidate is likely to have at least 5 years of previous experience gained within a general accountancy practice where they have carried out a varied range of tasks, including accounts preparation, VAT returns, tax computations, and possibly audit.
* ACA/ACCA level qualified or Qualified by experience within a general public practice setting
* Previous experience in a similar position in a practice background is a must
* Work confidently with various computer and accounting software such as Quickbooks and Xero
* Up to date financial and tax regulations
* Quality assurance and customer care
* Effective business communication and team working spirit
* Minimum of 3 years of experience working within an accountancy firm
* Good oral/written English
Reporting directly to the regularity. This role can be an excellent opportunity for an accountant that wants to further their career within a practice that is oriented towards staff growth and progression.
Key Roles of Position:
* Strengthening and maintaining client relationships (Telephone and face to face liaison with clients including onsite visits)
* Handling small business accounting with journal
* Preparing working papers and annual accounts for sole traders and owner managed SMEs
* Prepare statutory accounts in accordance with UK FRS 105 and FRS 102A
* Organise corporation tax returns for our clients with small-sized companies
* Review VAT returns and submissions under MTD
* HMRC communications on behalf of clients
* Manage a team of accounts and train staff as appropriate
* Processing Journals and finalising Accounts
* Preparation of accounts and VAT returns for Sole Traders, Company and Partnerships.
* Corporation tax submission
* Companies House admin
* HMRC compliance
Other ad-hoc duties will be required of you.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience