Optimum Recruitment Group is proud to be working exclusively for this leading, fast paced service provider, based on the outskirts of York, who are looking to appoint a Financial Controller to join their highly successful and talented finance team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the business during an exciting period of growth therefore, a high energy Financial Controller is required to support the Head of Finance and CFO.
As the successful candidate, you must be someone who has experience working as a finance manager / controller with accountability and leadership in management reporting, presenting results to senior management in the business and managing the statutory accounting process. You will play a leading role in cost management within the business.
Key duties will include:
* Preparation of budgets and forecasts, including detailed variance analysis.
* Overseeing the production of monthly management accounts, financial reports and associated statements.
* Cashflow forecasting.
* Production of year end accounts and liaising with auditors.
* Maintaining and developing internal controls.
* Ensuring compliance with accounting policies and regulations.
* Supporting the management of transactional finance processes.
You must be an excellent communicator, able to quickly gain credibility with other professionals. You must be technically strong with the ability to critique current practices, solve problems and make improvements that add value and facilitate the continued strategic growth of the organisation. Personality is key for this business - straight talking, professional and down to earth is their culture.
You will be joining an organisation with an excellent reputation for high service levels, staff retention and people development.
Do you have the following qualifications, skills and experience? If so we would like to hear from you.
* You will hold a recognised professional Accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) ideally with at least 2/3 years post qualification experience.
* You will have experience in operating at a manager level within a commercial, operational organisation.
* You will have strong commercial acumen and the ability to speak both finance and operational language to support all areas of the business with their decision processes.
Salary dependent on skills and experience