One of our local authority clients are currently recruiting for a Finance Officer. This is a temporary contract for 4 months with possible further extension based on budget and performance.
Main Purpose of Post/Job Summary
* To assist Budget Holders to set and manage their budgets.
* To assist Budget Holders to improve performance, efficiency and value for money of the services they manage.
* To support Senior Financial Strategy Managers in the provision of financial advice, information and support.
* To build resilience by providing support to: VAT officer, Treasury Manager, Schools Help desk, capital accountant, financial appraisals, etc.
* To support the closure of accounts process.
* To support Agresso and Mosaic financial administration.
* To assist in ensuring that there is effective strategic financial planning and financial management in relation to all revenue and capital budgets.
* To assist in the coordination and delivery of financial planning for all revenue and capital budgets.
* Providing financial support and advice in support of a specified area of the Council, including in relation to:
* Identification and costing of budget pressures for future years, through liaising with Budget Holders, Senior Managers and the Head of Finance.
* Advising Budget Holders and Senior Managers on the monitoring of budgets.
* Overseeing the financial support arrangements and highlighting any weaknesses regarding maintenance of accounts.
* Assessing the effectiveness of budget monitoring arrangements.
* Reviewing and challenging Budget Holder outturn projections ensuring, in particular, that budgets are realistic, resources have been allocated promptly and outturn projections look reasonable in relation to spending to date.
* Advising Budget Holders and Senior Managers on the overall financial position and key issues.
The above is a brief overview of the role, details and specification will be provided should you be successful. If interested in this position, please send your CV to Jahker Miah at Coyle Personnel Ltd