Trainee Geo-technical Driller (137jc) - Gloucester Base and covering the UK - up to £22,800 plus overtime, subsistence, accommodation etc.
Due to a significant increase in workload our Client are delighted to be recruiting for additional Assistant Drillers to join an expanding drilling department. Based in Gloucester, my Client is a progressive, energetic and friendly company with a renowned and enviable reputation for innovation.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
They have a wide Client base, ranging from private individuals requiring bespoke services or advice, right through to large multidisciplinary Consultants and main contractors who require large scale and complex ground investigations. Working within one of the drilling teams and reporting to one of the team managers, you will quickly be exposed to many sites across the UK and will soon be working in and alongside many project teams.
The role involves:
* Travelling throughout the UK, staying away as required
* Assisting the Lead Driller to form high quality boreholes and installations
* Client liaison
* Carrying out routine and preventative maintenance, including regular cleaning of rig
* Ensuring the maintenance and appearance of the drill rig and vehicle is kept to a high standard.
* To adhere to the Drillers Code of Conduct at all times.
* Work with project managers and site engineers to ensure field work is delivered
* Attend inductions, training and EH&S meetings as and when required.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following skills and abilities
* The right to work in the UK
* A MANUAL DRIVING LICENSE WITH C LICENSE ESSENTIAL
* All work starts and finishes at our depot in Gloucester so applicants will have to reside or relocate to within a sensible commuting distance.
* Great teamwork and communication skills.
* Night and weekend working will be required.
A great deal of my client's reputation has been built upon strong health and safety records within the industry, and a key part of your role will be ensuring that work is carried out in line with site specific method statements and risk assessments. Projects can range from a single day on site to weeks in the field and can involve working on petrol forecourts, oil refineries, electrical substations, highways, reservoirs and railways, to name but a few.
In return they are able to offer a highly attractive package, which is made up of:
* Basic salary starting at £22,800
* Generous overtime rates
* In-house shares
* A cash allowance for overnight subsistence (£25 per night)
* Pension (if over 22 years old)
* Excellent career prospects
* Fully structured training
* Professional development
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on (phone number removed) Ext 1