JOB TITLE: PRODUCTION TEAM LEADER - PAINT SHOP
HOURS: MUST BE FLEXIBLE TO WORK 3 SHIFTS
CONTRACT LENGTH: PERMANENT ROLE
SALARY: CIRCA £30K + BENEFITS
Working within a commercial vehicle paint shop you will be responsible for scheduling & monitoring work for industrial shot blasters & spray painters.
- Responsible for ensuring working environment is in line with house keeping and 5s polices.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation and procedures to ensure a safe and accident free environment.
- Maintaining discipline, team welfare and absence monitoring.
- Initiation, application and Maintaining LEAN initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring team tooling is controlled, appropriate, adequate and safe for the purpose.
- Undertake Risk Assessments and risk awareness sessions.
- Undertake Team brief sessions.
- Carry out team member reviews.
- Manufacturing or production supervisory experience.
- Ideally hands-on experience within commercial /industrial prep or painting.
- Experience on aircraft, large commercial vehicles, buses, HGVs or military vehicles is highly advantageous.
- Will consider candidates from other technical backgrounds such as welding/fabrication, mechanical or electrical fitting/assembly or any vehicle body shop experience.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Good communication skills
- Leadership Skills
- Good knowledge of electrical or mechanical engineering
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
- Ability to meet targets
- Computer literate and able to use MS office
- Managerial & Supervisory experience for large teams
- Qualification in supervisory / management skills is desirable
To apply please email an updated CV to (url removed)
Please not all applicants must be able to pass a Drugs, Alcohol and Rail standard medical. Exact requirements are defined by our client and may be subject to change