AJ Chambers have an exclusive offering with an incredibly modern and progressive firm of accountants that is keen to employ a Semi-Senior Accountant. They will support the ACCA/AAT with a full study package and quickly progress someone keen to a Senior position upon qualification. This is a fantastic role for someone looking to develop their client facing and supervisory skills.
Location: Colchester, Essex
Semi-Senior Accountant - Duties:
* Prepare annual accounts for a clients ranging in turnover and sector, including sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
* Completing associated tax returns for businesses and individuals
* Supporting the Senior's and Managers on the workload and supervision of Trainees
* Reviewing the bookkeeping and VAT work completed by Trainees and complete more complex tasks and queries in this area
* Handling client queries and liaising with the HMRC
* Progression to working on more complex management accounts when trained
What will you get in return?
* Competitive salary up to £30,000 (DOE)
* AAT or ACCA study support
* Performance bonuses paid at Christmas
* Flexible working hours and home working opportunities
* A fun and supportive working environment
* On-Site Parking
* Pension, life cover insurances and private medical benefits
What will you need to be successful in this role?
* 2-5 years Public Practice experience
* Currently studying for ACCA qualification or looking to commence these studies after completion of the AAT.
* Ideally experienced in the use of either Sage, IRIS or Xero although system experience is not essential
For further information on this Semi-Senior Accountant position, please apply direct or contact Scott Golding from AJ Chambers Recruitment.
Semi-Senior Accountant - Colchester, Essex