STUDENT ENGAGEMENT ADVISER
SOUTH LONDON COLLEGE BASED
FULL TIME INTERIM CONTRACT
£15 PER HOUR LTD, PAYE AVAILABLE
Our client is seeking a Student Engagement Adviser to start asap initially for around 2 months but potential for longer term/permanent opportunity for the right candidate.
The Student Engagement Advisor will provide comprehensive, responsive and flexible support in the Student Support Centre, student communal areas and at other sites. You will cover a diverse range of issues as well as programmed enrichment and Student's Union opportunities. You will be working in close liaison with students, staff and external organisations to safeguard students and support them in achieving their full potential by offering holistic support including enrichment tailored to their needs.
You will be required to work across the following specialisms - Pastoral, Financial Support and Enrichment.
• To provide accurate and responsive advice, guidance and support to students in the Student Support Centre, signposting and referring as appropriate
• Provide information and guidance on the College Bursary funds and support students in completing forms
• Accessing financial support applications eligibility for funding, assessment of household income in accordance with funding criteria and making financial awards to individual students in accordance with regulations and criteria
• Taking appropriate and timely action to safeguard students, providing a consistent and professional service. Identify and report any safeguarding concerns using the College procedures internally and externally.
• Providing ongoing support to a caseload of students identified at risk
• Provide enrichment activities/events in designated common room areas, engaging with students to ensure their leisure time is spent constructively and helping maintain appropriate standards of behaviour
• Contribute to planning, development and delivery of targeted cross college tutorials as part of tutorial/curriculum entitlement
To apply for this role you must
• Be qualified to minimum level 3 in an appropriate area eg youth and community, education, psychology, sociology, health & social care
• Have experience of youth and community work
• Possess strong IT skills
• Demonstrate some knowledge of Government funding schemes for FE students and associated criteria
• Demonstrate an awareness and empathy when dealing with young people (particularly those that are vulnerable eg. LACs)
• Have experience of delivering enrichment activities and events to support and enhance the student experience
You MUST have a Maze8 DBS or on the update service in order to apply for this role