Due to expansion my client is looking for a new team member to join their progressive and expanding bespoke engineering and construction company as Engineering & Construction Supervisor managing a team of up to 6 staff members.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in an engineering environment and will be required to be hands on at all times. Moreover, relevant and direct experience across a range of disciplines including steelwork, structural engineering, groundworks and plant fitting is essential. An underlying knowledge and understanding of engineering and engineering environments, practices and processes is also essential. The role would would suit someone who has a 'can do' attitude, adept at problem solving, thinks laterally, whilst also supervising a team.
Due to the diverse nature of some of the projects they undertake, this position will suit an individual who is happy to be fully involved and hands on in order to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
Due to our Nationwide coverage you may be required to travel and stay away on occasion.
* A practical and positive approach to engineering with a proven track record for solving problems and challenges within, but not limited to, structural, construction and civil engineering environments
* Manage a team of 6
* Take full responsibility for the project / task under assignment
* Willing to learn new skills
* Team supervisory experience within an engineering environment
* Be competent and confident in supervising, directing, motivating and managing a team
* Quickly identify any HR or personnel problems and liaise with management to ensure a rapid solution to any issues, if required
* Demonstrate ability to 'get ahead' of potential problems before they escalate and jeopardise the project timeline
* Constantly review project progress and cross reference with the planning team to ensure delivery remains on track
* Liaise with the customer / client on a consistent basis and maintain a positive customer relationship at all times
* Hold a Full UK driving license
BESPOKE ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION SOLUTIONS
* CSCS Card Holder or equivalent
* Experience and competency in adhering to and applying strict health & safety guidelines
* Experience in understanding site drawings and plans
* Must reside in Chelmsford or local surrounding area
* Complete all site paperwork, site diary etc
* Show hard work, endeavour and the desire to carry out work to the highest possible standards.
A generous package will be offered to the successful candidate, including a company vehicle and fuel costs