Damper Technology Ltd [DTL] is a Global Company excelling in providing industrial damper solutions to suit many different applications, operational conditions and industries including offshore oil and gas, gas turbine exhaust, power generation, gas cleaning, stack isolation, fan inlet control and many other general industrial installations. Our mission is to ensure that our products which are custom designed and manufactured, consistently conform to our customers' specifications and meet customer expectations.
The Company has manufacturing facilities in the UK, subsidiaries in India and North America, a highly qualified staff of project designers & project managers, and a sales organization to support the Company's activities.
DTL are proud to be part of the Orbinox Valves International Group, world market leaders in the design, manufacture and supply of knife gates and associated products, and present in more than 70 countries worldwide.
We now have a position open for a qualified and experienced Engineering Project Manager overseeing Projects within our Project Group at our HQ in Eastwood Nottingham
Engineering Project Manager Job Description
Reporting to the Head of Projects, the Engineering Project Managers are pivotal players in the delivery of projects for our world class product. They must be able to plan and deliver highly complex projects on time and to budget. The candidate will help the company identify problems as they develop and adapt accordingly.
They will be the controlling influence in the process, we therefore need exceptional. Candidates who should be strong communicators and effectively collaborate with others.
The Engineering Project Managers require an understanding of scheduling across multiple functions.
An understanding of all documents required for complete package delivery and the ability to build lasting relationships.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the delivery of new product designs. A good understanding of optimisation and correct staffing of projects is paramount.
Your will have a demonstrable track record for keeping detailed records, generating reports, and develop presentations to help management understand the Project delivery.
You will be able to build relationships within the company and with internal parties, such as the production team, Engineering and Supply Chain. This is a people person role.
Collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds in order to identify problems and find solutions.
Management of a team of people - multiple functions.
Essential criteria: Soft Skills
* A great team player with a positive approach and a commercial outlook.
* Strong people and time management skills. (Collaborative approach)
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers and team members.
* Track record of successful project Management
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Word, Excel, Power point etc.)
* Working knowledge of ERP systems such as SAP Business One.
* Excellent organisational, project management and communication skills
* Proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
Essential criteria: Technical Skills
* Degree level - Engineering based qualification.
* Prince 2, APMP or other Professional PM qualification
* Exposure to working in multiple disciplined (electrical, mechanical) design teams.
* Experience of Large Oil and Gas/ Power projects
* Experience of Mechanical and Electrical design teams
* A competent understanding of engineering and workshop machinery
* Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing documentation.
* Level 5 ILM Management qualification.
* A second language.
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
* Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with other business functions.
* Recognise when there are conflicts, acknowledge the views of all parties, and redirect people's energy towards a common goal.
* Demonstrate the ability to command the respect of, motivate and manage a team of strong characters.
* Worked within a Matrix organisation.
* Be personally co-operative, energetic, dynamic, positive, enthusiastic and possess the ability to think laterally to plan and act decisively through carefully reasoned decision making.
Work location will be at our Headquarters facility in Eastwood, Nottingham (UK).
An attractive salary, benefits package and profit related bonus.
Flexible scheme of working hours (flexi-time).
A genuine opportunity to develop yourself in an exciting business atmosphere which puts tough demands on both yourself and the Company