Junior Copywriter / SEO Person
We have an exciting opportunity for one of our established clients within the Worcestershire area who are looking for a Content Writer to join their team.
As a Content Writer your responsibilities will include but not limited to conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types and proofreading articles before publication. You will be familiar with producing online content and have an eye for detail.
Ultimately, you will deliver quality-writing pieces that appeal to our client's audiences, attract customers and be optimised for SEO, and boost brand awareness.
Day to day duties will include the following:
• Researching industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
• Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
• Prepare well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems
• Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
• Submit work for input and approval
• Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
• Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
• Identify customers' needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
• Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone)
• Update website content as needed
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
• Portfolio of published articles
• Experience doing research using multiple sources Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
• Excellent writing and editing skills in English
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter, or similar role
• Familiarity with web publications
• BSc in Marketing, English, Journalism, or related field