Portfolio Pricing Manager
We are recruiting for a Motor Portfolio Pricing Manager based within Q, part of the PIB Group. Location for this role is flexible however Leeds, Manchester or another Northern site is preferred. This is a fantastic career opportunity for someone who is already a Portfolio Pricing Manager or someone who has a strong Underwriting and Pricing background and who would enjoy looking after your own portfolios.
The Company Q Underwriting is a specialist, commercial underwriting business (MGA) and brings together four established, trusted brands. We offer over 25 niche commercial lines products and underwrite on behalf of multiple A-rated, household name insurers. We distribute to insurance brokers only and our people are focused on providing great service and helping our partner brokers win and retain business.
Qunderwriting have recently created an MGU and has secured its own capacity. The focus for the next few years is to optimise binders, build out our own capacity and provide strengthen portfolio underwriting and governance to its delegated authority agreements.
- Focus on defining and developing quality pricing data (policy, claims and exposure) sets to improve pricing decisions within the motor portfolio and also support pricing work across all DA facilities
- Use data to improve the quality of pricing decisions working with insurers
- Supporting Portfolio Managers with pricing data sets and pricing decisions
- Creation of aggregate loss models/risk cost models to develop a more sophisticated approach to pricing in the motor portfolio
- Develop appropriate dashboards to monitor pricing performance
- Develops price impact models and run functionality tests on proposed rating changes
- Renewal segmentation and rate allocation to develop a more targeted approach to allocating rate at renewal
Key Knowledge Requirements:
- Detailed knowledge of Motor Pricing theory and practice, any knowledge of casualty, property is useful but not essential
- Some experience of online insurance distribution would be of benefit
- Risk based pricing models including risk/loss and frequency/severity models as applied to motor insurance
- Regulatory and legal environment in the context of insurance pricing
- Working knowledge of Radar pricing tool
- Pricing and portfolio pricing skills
- Completion of actuarial exams is not a requirement
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
Our employee's success isn't measured on time spent in the office, so please talk to us about your flexible working needs. We have many sites across the UK, so whether this be working from home, logging on from another office or working part time then we would love to hear from you!
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
You may have experience of the following: Portfolio Pricing Manager, Pricing Manager, Pricing Analytics Manager, Motor Pricing Manager, Pricing Analyst, Motor Insurance, Portfolio Manager, Financial Services, Insurance, etc.