Our client is a UK headquartered mid-sized software business supplying telecommunication service providers (companies like Vodafone and Three etc) with next-generation network service assurance solutions. The client is leading the industry with innovations in NFV, SDN, Telco Cloud, 5G, and the Internet of Things.
At the moment due to Covid-19 the role his home-based based but longer-term the successful candidate will need to spend time in Slough and therefore the ideal location for the person is the M4 corridor/areas close to the West of London.
The client is happy to consider candidates who are switching back to permanent roles due to changes in IR35 as long as the salary package works for them a maximum of £75K base + 5-10% bonus (the salary offered is flexible depending on experience but this is the maximum level).
Our client is looking for a dedicated individual to join their team as a PMO Manager. The responsibilities of the PMO Manager include managing the day-to-day activities in the PMO, providing guidance on PMO policies and processes, overseeing project management staff, and collaborating with other department leaders to develop projects and programs.
Creating the correct foundations across the Customer Project Deliveries
o Project standardso Project Planningo Project and Program Governance (Right Touch)o KPIS and Project Reportingo Program Systems / PSA Systemo Processes and Working Practises
o Auditability of plans and programso Risks and Issueso ISO 27001 aligned Practises
Support of the Project Delivery Teams
o Coach and Mentor of the Project Managers with respect to Working Practiseso Ensuring Projects are resourced appropriately or flagged in Reporting with GAPs / skills/ capabilities documentedo Ensuring the tools are well understood and training and best practises are in place within the tools
• Program Governanceo Establish repeatable / Automatic reporting that summarises the projects and highlights Risks and Issues and remediationo Surfaces project Financialso Enables / Manages Escalation through Program office into theExecutive
The PersonMust have:
To be a successful as a PMO Manager, you should demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills. Ultimately, a top-notch PMO Manager should be well organized and able to work underpressure.
• Circa 10 years of experience in a similar role
• Seasoned project management experience
• Experience in delivering software
• Good organisational skills
• Excellent Verbal and written communication
• Extreme proactive approach
• Resource profiling, planning and management.
• Budgeting and forecasting
• Project financial reporting and accountability - P&L
• Risk and management and mitigation.
• Change management
• Project Management or PSA automation software experience. Able to drive best practises through automation
• Exposure to Telecommunication
• Exposure to Project management methodology
• Circa 10 years of PMO management experience for a similar sized (mid sized software company ideally) and diversified organisation.
• The ideal candidate would need to demonstrate clear leadership be very pro-active
• Financial accountability for projects - P&L
• Certification and/or Previous exposure to PRINCE 2 - PMP and/or Agile
• Software or Wireless experience, more generally Telecommunication
• Proven large-scale Program Management, managing expectations of senior responsible owner, business owners and user communities.
• Understanding of System integration principles, and has the ability to manage multiple stakeholders across technical domains, holding to account for requirements, dependencies and deliverables.
• Transformation experience within the Computer Networking, IT, Telco, or similar industry, adopting formal Project Management Methodology.
• Extensive experience in a vendor / service provider environment, knowledge pre-sales, delivery, management of scope, P&L management
• Solid understanding and establishment of project management processes: project planning budget planning, risk analysis, dependency and strong change management.
• Skilled at communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
• Strong customer empathy and background either from a customer or supplier perspective in two or more the following; IP networking, Network Security, Mobility, Cloud, Data Centre Technologies or SDN, OSS, NFV.
• Proven people management experience with the ability to provide leadership, motivation and influence on a geographically spread team of customer focused project managers
• Proven interpersonal and executive communication skills
Education & qualifications
• University degree or equivalent work experience
• Self-driven individual who is result oriented
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Leadership, credibility, demonstrates initiative
• Ability to influence internally and work with ambiguous authority
• Organization and time management skills
• Familiarity with the appropriate industry standards.
• English mandatory
• any other language not essential but is a plus
Software & Hardware
• IT literate: good use of MS office applications & Tools (Teams,Sharepoint)
Experience with Project ManagementObjectives
1. Accountable for establishing the PMO
2. Accountable for training the Project Managers to align with the PMO3. Accountable for governing the PMO4. Establishing strong practises with respect toa. Organisational Program Management, Able to report across all Customer Projects leveraging best of breed KPIs to highlight success or potential issues so that appropriate management focus can be appliedb. Automation of Manual Practises leveraging a Project Management or PSA systemc. Resource Planning, ensuring current and future resource requirements are well understood to ensure delivery successd. Reducing Administration time to improve Staff Utilization