Alexander Steele is working with a fantastic Fresh Produce business with a global footprint who have asked us to exclusively source a Procurement/Sourcing Specialist for the UK business. For this role, you will be working with suppliers based in China & Europe to source packing and hardware for the operation. The position is based at their site in Lincolnshire.
In this role, you will support Product Developers with hardware and accessory costings and negotiations, by liaising directly with suppliers and cost engineering product to fit customer requirements and commercial parameters.
* Global hardware sourcing activities and targeted negotiating
* Analyse NPD new product requirements, assess quotations, calculate delivered prices & create exact offers with conditions/risks and communicated to internal teams.
* Offer strategies and solutions to help negotiate costs, by value engineering product to increase E2E margin
* Direct liaison with supply base - build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
* Use the preferred supplier program to decide on appropriate solutions with an understanding of the individual factory strengths and weaknesses
* Deal with other factors such as sustainability, risk management and ethical issues.
* Help the business save money, minimise waste, and increase profits.
* Maintain knowledge of current trends and consumer needs
* Support Sourcing Team in achieving strategy for the Far East operation, working towards increasing direct hardware sourcing for the Group, saving on agent fees, and increasing end-to-end margin
* Handle intense pressure and work within tight deadlines to support NPD with what they need to ensure the success of the company
* Identifying the best offers, researching prices, going to trade shows, collaborating with suppliers, to assist Developers & Account Managers.
* Additional duties include resolving issues concerning price disputes and making cost and performance assessments to create quality products, meeting critical path deadlines.
* Experience with sourcing Packaging or Homeware products/materials from the Far East and Europe
* Must have direct experience of working directly on Chinese manufacturers
* Negotiation experience in global procurement
* A deep understanding of factory operations and processes, with material and finish knowledge
* This professional should have excellent verbal & written communication, networking, and consulting skills
* Strong math skills are essential
* Computer competencies
If you are interested in this role, please apply through this advert and if you are keen on hearing more about this position, please contact Clarke Smith at Alexander Steele Recruitment or call him directly for a more in-depth chat about the role on +(phone number removed)