Nelson Chambers have been instructed by a top regional law firm to help them grow the Residential Property team with 2 Case Handlers who will provide administrative assistance to the Conveyancing team.
Activities will be varied and will include, but are not limited to the following:
* Progressing the matter file under the solicitor's instructions. This may include amongst other things legal research, drafting letters, preparing planning applications and appeal forms.
* To report complaints from clients or third parties to the Team Leader
* Maintaining control of the Conveyancer's caseload to ensure that standards of matter conduct, file management, administration, and accounting are maintained at all times.
* Assist Conveyancer/s to bill all matters promptly and accurately; to maintain a justifiable and accurate level of work-in-progress; to pay and collect disbursements in accordance with professional and internal practice; to properly account for all client monies and effect transfers from client to office account when appropriate.Administration duties:
* Ordering documents from the HM Land Registry and requesting title papers from lenders where applicable;
* Preparing sale contract papers;
* Ordering searches on purchase matters;
* Requesting funds from clients and their lenders
* Assisting in the completion of matters
* Completing Stamp Duty Land Tax Returns and Land Registry applications;
* Scheduling of Deeds
* Assist Conveyancer/s with their sale, purchase and remortgage matters; to include:
* Answer the telephone or meet clients who call into the office without an appointment on behalf of the Conveyancer, answering queries and taking messages where appropriate and making appropriate file notes
* Providing updates to and responding to enquiries from clients and agents, brokers, lenders and other parties' representatives.
* Opening and closing client files in accordance with standard procedures including performing on-line money laundering checks
* Maintain Conveyancer's diary and make appointments
* Liaison with the Accounts Department as appropriate to ensure timely and accurate accounts administration, including receiving cheques, entering on file and passing to accounts
* Administration associated with the archiving of files
* Work as part of a team, assisting with secretarial and telephone cover as required.
Skills and attributes:
* Knowledge, experience and passion for Conveyancing law and practices.
* Educated to degree level but not necessarily in Law
* Experience of working within a Conveyancing Department of a Law Firm or relevant legal qualifications would be preferred
* Administrative experience in a Law firm is desirable.
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Fast and accurate keyboard skills - 50 wpm minimum