The job holder will be responsible for the day to day running of the engineering services under the scope of the contract as well as the commercially viability of the business unit.
Key areas for success will be:
- Control of all activities within the site for M & E, power and physical structure
- Financially and Commercially Astute to run large Internal Business Unit.
- Liaising with service providers to maximise potential of the building operating systems
- Understanding implications of and ensuring all Service Level Agreements are met
As one of the senior delivery management team you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of project, reactive and planned works on time and to budget, maintaining excellent relationships with the client, client representatives and building users.
Trust and open communication are keys to the development of the relationship with the client organisation and with other members of the team.
* To successfully manage and oversee the Data Centres & Head Office Buildings Premises Engineering processes, technical information and change management.
* Lead by example the Critical Engineering process to instil fully a zero down time ethic.
* To provide visible "Ownership" of Resilience - the critical engineering processes across the engineering team - driving for continuous improvement and on-going risk mitigation.
* Management of site critical spares, including management of database.
* Administration of Load management and capacity planning documents
* Oversees planning of Data Centre interventions and confirms compliance with process.
* To ensure that change and risk management process are: measured and performance is maintained equal to or better than the contract requirements.
* Ensure there is a structured development programme across all critical engineering staff, with competence standards, training and succession planning embedded within the operations team.
* Managing the process for approval of all critical interventions, and that all operational and critical maintenance activities are completed to agreed programme and process, with direct Interface into Senior Client teams from IT and Property Operations.
* Developing and implementing plans in which maintenance services are improved to maximise value, minimise cost, risk and downtime, whilst delivering the desired consistent quality of service and risk mitigation.
* To support the management and development of a professional and effective critical operational team at all contract sites.
* To monitor and control supplier, sub-contractor and labour - work methods and compliance.
* Maintain personal awareness of all site and team procedures, embracing and implementing new procedures swiftly when received from Senior Management team with continuous improvement to services and procedures
* Will be aware of all Permits to works signed off on their site to, where necessary, action the people/communication element of the works to all employees, other service providers and staff
* Delivery of building inspection audit, competent to identify areas of improvement within the buildings infrastructure, whilst ensuring that all works are correctly categorised in accordance with legislation and QA reporting.
* Own and undertake the Planned Preventive Maintenance to meet Service Level Agreements
* Plan and co-ordinate weekend work associated within the area of responsibility
* Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with client expectations
* Be fully conversant with the company's and site based Health & Safety requirements and to ensure Health and Safety monitoring and compliance
* Ensuring that the team keep up to date all site log books and site filing
* Emergency call out duties
* Electrical distribution systems HV & LV
* LV switchgear & distribution system
* UPS monitoring and control / testing
* DC Power monitoring and testing
* Generators monitoring, testing, control and load bank testing
* Air conditioning monitoring, testing and checking of data centre Air Conditioning units, including dry coolers
* Heating systems and associated equipment and pipework
* Drainage, domestic water systems and ventilation systems throughout the complex
* Providing high level technical support ref future plant / services enhancements and capital expenditure plans directly to the client as required
- Create, own and manage personal development plans for existing engineering staff
- Conform to internal reporting procedures for timesheets, expenses and other processes as required
- City and Guilds Electrical
- HND Electrical engineering
- Minimum 5 years' experience in managing multiple services across number of sites in a Critical Data Centre environment with experience of a corporate environment.
- Relevant experience in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Relevant training with experience of Gas safety, water services
- Minimum IOSH Health & Safety
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good presentation and social skills
- Good numeracy skills inc. understanding of P&L accounts
- Project management