SRA Engineering are looking for an Injection Moulding Supervisor to join a manufacturing business in Essex on a Permanent basis. This will be an afternoon/evening shift role from 13:30 - 22:00
To set-up tools and mould plastic components to meet scheduled customer and company demands.
* To operate injection moulding machines according to procedure.
* Set-up and operate injection moulding machines to manufacture plastic components.
* Set machine controls, regulating moulding temperature, volume of plastic, moulding pressure and time according to knowledge of plastics and moulding procedures.
* To trim excess material from parts if necessary.
* To segregate rejects by material type to allow regrind process.
* To regrind scrapped product for reuse.
* Ensure parts produced meet the criteria of the work instructions / visual aid.
* Carry out quality checks on moulded parts as necessary.
* Accurately completes all logs, data input and written, to include hourly checks and downtime.
* Pack and identify product as per instructions.
* To maintain production tools ready and in safe condition by administering the tooling preventative maintenance program.
* To perform preventive maintenance on machines.
* Troubleshoots and repairs equipment as needed.
* Performs root cause analysis when problems arise to determine if actions can be taken immediately or appropriate personnel need to be called.
* To participate in cross functional process improvement teams and will actively participate in daily team production meetings.
* To communicate key items with the plant environment on safety, quality, maintenance, production and continuous improvement.
* To follow work instructions as needed and may be asked to write, revise and train others to those instructions.
* To maintain a clean area and performs general housekeeping.
* Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with company quality program and procedures, company policies and safety and environmental regulations.
* Uphold all polices in relation to health, Safety and Welfare
* Experience in a plastic moulding manufacturing environment.
* Experience in setting of moulding injection machines
* Able to operate forklift to move tools to and from the moulding area.
* Able to perform basic maths function.
* A high standard of personal appearance