We are an engineering company providing bespoke products and installations for Royal Naval Vessels and carrying work out on Naval Base infrastructure.
We wish to recruit a Thermal Insulation Engineer to join our insulation team to work with different types of thermal insulation in the industrial sector and on MoD vessels.
You will need a good working knowledge of the different types thermal insulation and their applications. You will be able to demonstrate practical skills such as:
* manufacturing insulation jackets to fit valves, flanges, turbo chargers using an industrial sewing machine;
* using hand rolling machines for the cladding of pipe work and swaging machine to manufacture lobster back bends, industrial pop rivet guns;
* developing bend profiles from drawings and templates;
* experience of working on sites where CDM Regulations apply.
You will have:
* recognised trade qualifications/training and/or experience of working with thermal insulation;
* full driving licence;
* flexibile approach with regards to working overtime and travel.
A knowledge of mechanical pipe systems, installation and removal is desirable, as is experience of working in a marine environment. Training in confined space training, working at height, radiation worker, MEWP operator, scaffold tower assembly, hot work / fire sentry will be given as required and if not already held.
You will be expected to comply with relevant legislation/regulation, standards, customer specifications, HSEQ policies and procedures (including Risk Assessments and Method Statements). You will also be expected to comply with our management systems processes to ensure accurate and auditable project documentation.
The role is primarily based at our Plymouth workshop; however, you may be required to travel within the UK and abroad.
Normal hours of work: Monday to Thursday: 0730 to 1600 and Friday: 0730 to 1230.
Please note: due to the location of our Plymouth business unit and sites we access you will need to go through a security clearance process. Site specific training for restricted areas will be provided.
Interviews may be conducted over the phone or via video meeting app