Samworth Brothers Group is a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
Manton Wood, based in Worksop, is part of our Food to Go division producing a range of salads sandwiches and wraps for major retailers.
* Enhanced Pension Scheme
* Medical Cash Plan Scheme
* Training & Development as part of wider Samworth Brothers Group programmes
Shift Pattern - Nights 4 on 4 off
The Job Role
You will be a great example to the team that you manage, demonstrating the need to work well with production to have a right first-time approach to fixing things quickly and safely. Taking ownership, you will identify repeat issues and look at longer term resolution rather than just temporary fixes. By encouraging and supporting your team you will motivate them and share information to enable them to have a strong input into the success of engineering and therefore the whole of production. Your priority will be to follow all legislation and health and safety guidance as well as maintaining high levels of food hygiene.
The Right Person
You will be a proactive individual, full on enthusiasm, ready to share your knowledge and learn from others. You will set a good example for others to follow, communicating well across departments and with all engineering shift teams. In addition, you will have:
* HNC in mechanical/electrical engineering is desirable
* Must have an Electrical qualification at level 3 NVQ, equivalent or above
* Will have extensive experience of hands on engineering practise
* A minimum of 5 years' experience within an FMCG background
* Experience of managing and leading others
* A good knowledge of current relevant legislation including health and safety
* Will be able to use your initiative, keeping stakeholders informed.
* Be good at planning and be organised in your approach
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt, please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative