Are you looking for a new challenge? Would you like to be a part of a company that is experiencing extensive growth during uncertain economic times? A global engineering business supplying bespoke engineered products and engineered solutions to some of the largest manufacturing companies and defence contractors worldwide are looking to add a Projects Manager to their senior team following the award of a large contract.
With true worldwide exposure, with over 20 global sites, the business has been trading for over 100 years and has over 1100 staff members worldwide. There are seven regional manufacturing facilities to support the growth of the business capability worldwide. The company focuses on heavy industrial rotating equipment supplying every major sector. The company is going through sustained growth and offers an excellent career opportunity to be involved with large cutting-edge projects.
Reporting directly into the Projects Director you will be required to lead a major engineering project which has been guaranteed over the next 20 years. The scope of the tasks will primarily address the project management of the design, test and build of complex, mechanically engineered, products for a world leading defence programme. The Project Manager position will lead the project and ensure the programme is delivered in accordance with the project plan, to planned cost and quality.
This senior level position will work closely with a multi-functional team including engineering, quality and supply chain. Liaison with other engineering team members, clients and other functional teams during project work is an integral part of the role.
You will be responsible for:
* Developing and maintaining the programme plan and risk matrices. Work to mitigate risks where possible.
* Commercials of the project focusing on costings and work variance quotations.
* Coordinating communication and working between the business functions.
* Holding the business function leads accountable for plan and milestone adherence.
* Focusing on achieving monthly milestones whilst maintaining a longer-term strategic view.
* Being the key customer point of contact and lead customer progress meetings.
* Identifying opportunities for cost savings or additional scope activities.
* Reporting on project status to the business, internal and external customers.
* Accounting for project cost, time and budget.
* Maintain business Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Business Systems (SAP).
* Strong programme management skills and proven experience in the delivery of complex manufacturing programmes.
* Formal Project Management qualification - Prince2 is ideal
* Mechanical engineering background.
* Continuous Improvement focus
* Excellent people skills and an ability to deal with a demanding customer whilst developing the existing relationship.
* Able to work under pressure and complete contracts on time.
* Understanding and working knowledge of financial costing and customer quotations.
* Relish the challenge of delivering a technical and complex programme against a demanding timescale.
If you fit the criteria and are interested in applying for this position then please click apply