Our client is a small and settled firm of Chartered Accountants based in York and is looking for a Senior Accountant/ Business Services Accountant to expand their very successful team.
Their client varies from small businesses to large turn over limited companies across varying areas.
The role would include the following:
* Preparation and completion of accounts and VAT returns for Sole Traders, Company and Partnerships.
* Review the work of semi senior accountants.
* Support the partners with process work.
* Client meetings on and off site.
* Managing accounts staff with training and guidance.
* Client management accounting (Xero, Sage and QuickBooks knowledge).
The successful candidate will be:
* ACCA/ACA exam qualified (Desirable)
* Accounting and finance or other relevant degree preferred but not essential.
* Good up-to-date and recent developments in accounting standards.
* Experience of OMB's covering a range of industries.
* Computer packages - Excel, Word, Outlook, Sage Line 50, Iris, CCH Pro audit, VT.
* Committed team player.
* A highly motivated individual.
* Exceptional communication skills - verbal and written.
* Excellent problem-solving skills and technical approach to work.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Attention to detail.
* Deadline driven and ability to thrive on pressure.
* Client focused and commercially aware.
Organisation skills - ability to manage a number of different tasks simultaneously