I am excited to be recruiting for a leading FMCG brand to assist in the recruitment of an Interim Category Strategy Manager that will assist in the delivery of a key project going in to 2021.
I have included an outline of the role and some key requirements.
Delivery of a view of key macro trends currently impacting consumers / shoppers, including a clear understanding of how these wider issues are likely to impact Pre Pack Cheese.
• Delivery of a comprehensive fact base of the cheese category (based on historic & new information) developed as a result of the initial information gathering at the start of the project.
• Delivery of a category strategy, complete with credible insight led category drivers and supported by clearly actionable strategies & tactics - both at Total Market level & tailored for key retailers / channels.
• Delivery of a point of purchase vision for Total Pre-pack Cheese both at Total Market level & tailored for key retailers / channels.
• Delivery of an internal roll out of the category strategy within SDUK.
• Supporting the category team in taking the category strategy externally to retailers.
Who's right for the role?
• A wealth of experience with a strong record of success in a Blue Chip FMCG environment in Category Management.
• Experience of leading and working with retailers on large complex category strategies and their implementation.
• Proactive in building and developing strong relationships with customers (internal & external) along with excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills.
• Experience of UK multiple retailers, Channels and Formats and good knowledge of merchandising principles.
• Strong analytical skills & proficient in the use of external market data tools (Dunnhumby, Nielsen / IRI & Kantar) with the ability to turn data into powerful, creative, succinct and actionable insights