Contracts Manager - Structural Steel - Architectural Metalwork
Location - Essex
Salary - £45,000 - £58,000 Per Annum Negotiable Depending on Experience
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for one of our clients who manufacture and install virtually any type of metal fabrication. Examples of their work, including structural steels, access platforms, gantries, cat ladders, staircases, gates, railings, balustrades, and security grilles, are shown on their Products and manufacturing pages. Our client provides a first-class service to both commercial and private projects & they have a fabrication and machining workshop at their Essex premises and operate throughout the whole of England. They serve a broad range of industry sectors and our tradesmen are equally capable of operating both from our fully equipped fabrication workshop and on-site at client premises.
Due to expansion they are now looking for a contract's manager from a steelwork / architectural metalwork background to join the team. The successful candidate will be managing various size projects, from small building extension steelwork, staircase's & gantries, mezzanine floors, refurbishment projects, bridges, advertising towers, and large industrial warehouse frames.
Responsibility & Duties
* Overseeing and organizing works from tender to completion with key members of the team
* Continuous monitoring of works to ensure works are undertaken within budget
* Manage work programmes and manpower to maintain productivity.
* Manage and monitor supply chain to ensure works are delivered correctly & on time.
* Liaising with clients to ensure works are delivered correctly & on time.
* Day to day running of the workshop.
* Manage site fitting contractors in delivering a consistent service to time, safety, quality and cost, ensuring clients expectations are met in full.
* Implementing new ideas to enable smooth running of works, both in the workshop and on site. Oversee Health and Safety in the workshop
* Assist the sales team in the tendering process where required.
Experience & Qualification
* Minimum of 2 years Contracts Management experience on site and in a fabrication workshop.
* Previous experience in Structural and architectural steel fabrication and site work a necessity.
* Good communication and organizational skills
* Computer literate and conversant with Microsoft Outlook, Excel & Word
* While not a requirement for the role, a time served Fabricator / Welder with management experience would be ideal
* Full driving license
Should this be of interest to you please get in contact and send your most up to date cv to my email address below as soon as possible.
M - (phone number removed)
Linkdin - priteshtailordesign