Mechanical Technical Support Team Leader
required to join a team based in Warwick
on a permanent full time
basis paying up to £35,000 per annum
Our client is part of a family owned and run international group with 60 years' experience pursuing engineering and innovation excellence in manufacturing processes, plants and equipment. Their UK base is looking for a Mechanical Technical Support Team Leader within a mechanical engineering discipline to join their team supporting the supply of high-quality drive and control equipment to the UK markets.
They are currently seeking a Mechanical Technical Support Team leader with experience within mechanical or electrical engineering to lead a team of technical support engineers ensuring they are fully equip to rectify and faults and issues raised by customers to the best of their ability within a telephone support environment.Key Job Role Duties of the Mechanical Technical Support Team Leader:
- Management of team performance
- Leading by example in providing customers with timely, accurate and helpful resolutions to their enquiries
- Delegation of call loads to the team and organisation of the team to ensure they meet technical requirements on time and within budget
- Identifying and delivering the required training needs of the team
- Set the standards and provide appropriate technical training programs for colleagues including the supervision and support to apprentices
- Ensure the team are motivated to work individually and as a team
- Ensure that wider departments have the necessary technical information to support the production of quotes, the timely resolution of customer service issues and purchasing from suppliers
- Ensuring the optimum balance is achieved between an excellent technical reputation and a valuable commercial contribution from the technical team by effectively supporting and directing the team.
- Customer Support
- Provide support and advice to customers in response to the daily calls received by the team
- Providing customers with timely, accurate and helpful resolutions to their enquiries
- Oversee the provision of effective and valued training to customers
Monitor and review standards of the technical support service, by collecting relevant information, reporting on this and proposing and implementing service improvements based on sound analysis. Key Skills and Experience of the Mechanical Technical Support Team Leader:
- HNC in mechanical engineering or similar
- Mechanical engineering experience - experience in a drawing office, production experience or some support experience such as repairs, or installation would be beneficial.
- Electrical engineering experience would be advantageous
- Experience in a Team Lead position
- Telephone support experience
- Technical training experience
- Experience in ERP, Microsoft Office and technical computer systems would be beneficial.
- Experience of using technical computer packages such as Autocad/DB Works would be beneficial
40 hours per week - Monday - Friday