Looking for a new challenge. My client, based in the city centre is seeking an Accounts Assistant to join their exceptionally busy office on a Temporary to Permanent basis.
This role involves taking responsibility for the purchase ledger function/sales ledger and assisting with the credit control function for 2 Companies. The company is part of a larger group and long term opportunities for progression are good.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Purchase ledger, matching, batching and coding of invoices.
* Query handling
* Statement reconciliation
* Sales ledger/ allocation of payments/BACS
* Ensure all debts have payment confirmation dates agreed.
* Report weekly on outstanding debts.
* Raise invoices/credits as required, supporting the Sales team.
* To work as a team member to ensure that all deadlines are achieved
* Develop current process and procedures to ensure the department is running efficiently
* Take responsibility for ongoing self-development
* Provide support for the other areas in Accounts
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT AFTER IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
* Previous experience within AP/AR and or Credit Control is desirable
* Excellent customer and colleague relationship skills
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Good attention to detail
* Ability to work to deadlines and to remain calm under pressure
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Computer literacy in Word, Excel, Outlook and other systems required to perform the role
In return, my client offers a friendly working environment where training will be given for the right candidate.
For further information on this role, please contact us on (phone number removed) or apply direct.
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.