Name of the position: Senior Engineer
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
* Performs research, design, implementation and support tasks as a member of Altran team. Works in accordance with project guidelines, quality standards and code conventions.
* Responsible for area/areas within the team area of responsibility (building the platform reporting the usage of the resources by Machine Learning modules of another highly loaded product, with 2+ billion active users).
* Leads complex tasks execution.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Obtains tasks from the project lead or Team Lead (TL), prepares functional and design specifications, approves them with all stakeholders.
* Ensures that assigned area/areas are delivered within set deadlines and required quality objectives.
* Provides estimations, agrees task duration with TL and contributes to project plan of assigned area.
* Analyzes scope of alternative solutions and makes decision about area implementation based on his/her experience and technical expertise.
* Leads functional and architectural design of assigned areas. Makes sure design decisions on the project meet architectural and design requirements.
* Addresses area-level risks, provides and implements mitigation plan.
* Reports to Team Lead or Project Manager about area readiness/quality, and raises red flags in crisis situations which are beyond his/her AOR.
* Responsible for resolving crisis situations within his/her AOR.
* Initiates and conducts code reviews, creates code standards, conventions and guidelines.
* Suggests technical and functional improvements to add value to the product;
* Constantly improves his/her professional level.
* Supervises and coaches newcomers and more junior team members.
* Collaborates with other teams.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* 5+ years of commercial Web FrontEnd development experience
* 3+ years of experience with React.js
* 2+ years of experience with php
* Strong OOP skills and SOLID understanding
* Good English (oral & written) and communication skills in general
* Confident client facing skills
Would be a plus:
* Knowledge of Hack php framework
This company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Altran is the world leader in engineering and R&D services. We offer our clients a unique value proposition to meet their transformation and innovation challenges. We support our clients, from concept through industrialization, to develop the products and services of tomorrow and have been working for more than 35 years with major players in many sectors: automotive, aeronautics, space, defense & naval, rail, infrastructure & transportation, industrial & consumer products, life sciences, communications, semiconductor & electronics, software & internet, finance & public sector. Altran has more than 50,000 employees operating in over 30 countries. In April 2020, we became part of Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services