Financial Adviser Assistant
We are recruiting for a motivated individual to work within a successful Partner Practice of St. James's Place Wealth Management (SJP) based in South Essex as a Financial Adviser Assistant.
This role would be particularly suited to an individual who wishes to learn the ropes of working within the wealth management industry from the bottom up, and ultimately work towards studying and becoming a Financial Adviser in their own right within the next 3 - 5 years.
The role of Financial Adviser Assistant is to support the Principle of the Practice and work under his guidance. The ideal candidate must be willing to work in an Administrative / Assistant support function for a minimum of two years.
The successful candidate will be provided with the opportunity to attend the SJP Academy or provided with self-study support to obtain CII Certificate in Regulated Financial Planning qualification over a period of time. They will be hungry to take on the challenges of advancement to Financial Adviser level in their own right, demonstrating entrepreneurial spirit within a busy working environment, and working well within a small team.
They will be required to travel and work between the clients London office, and Essex offices, as well as to client meetings in the Home Counties, and therefore the ability to drive and own transport is essential for this role.
This is an exciting opportunity to build a career in Wealth Management within a growing business.
Assist the Principal Partner with his workload as directed including:
* Attendance at Client meetings
* Note taking at client meetings
* Follow up on points raised at the meeting
* Working directly with and liaising with the team to ensure any actions from the meeting are completed
* Contacting clients and setting up meetings, either within an office environment or in the clients' homes or business premises
* Researching information from various sources, including providers of financial products for panel business
* Keeping up to date with financial products and legislation together with St. James's Place Fund Manager changes, as well as maintaining own professional and technical knowledge through professional exams and CPD record
* Meeting all the regulatory / compliance aspects of the role
* Attending weekly team meetings
* Participate in monthly marketing meetings and strategies for business development.
* Data processing
* Diary management and booking client meetings
* Assisting Advisers with Marketing campaigns
* Management of the PROMS system
* Management and maintenance of all CRM / IT Systems
* Record and update all workflow on client relationship systems
* Assisting colleagues with all administrative duties as required
* Previous experience in a similar support role for a Financial Adviser OR graduate in a Financial Services related field (Financial Services, Economics etc).
* GCSE results of C or above in both English and Maths.
* Strong level of natural numeracy ability, able to check calculations with ease and spot errors.
* Comfortable dealing with clients of high net worth on a daily basis
* Excellent communication and client servicing skills, face to face, via telephone or in writing
* Current Driving licence - to enable commuting to various offices as requests in Essex and London with ease.
* Strong level of computer literacy skills - Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Seeking a long term role within Wealth Management, working towards the goal of ultimately becoming a Financial Adviser in your own right
* Smart and presentable as this is a client facing role
Basic Salary: £18-25k depending on skills and experience
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
Location: Essex offices are based in Hutton (SS17 0) and Stanford Le Hope (CM13 1). Travel to City London office also required on occasions, and to client offices / homes
Training: Support via SJP Academy or self-study to become CII Regulated in Financial Planning (DipPFS)
Holiday: 20 days per annum plus bank holidays
To apply for this opportunity or for further information, please apply online