The primary purpose of this plant leadership team (PLT) role is to optimise yard and service office labour, material & equipment resources to ensure CHEP hire-stock products are supplied via hauliers' within service performance criteria to meet the customers' requirements. The secondary purpose is to ensure transactional accuracy and control of physical stock holding of finished good hire-stock, raw materials, and waste processes.
* Safety - Ensure that potential Zero Harm hazards are eliminated or controlled through regular reviews of work activities, equipment, and facilities. Provide employees with training and instructions on work practices, with specific reference to Zero Harm and Environmental considerations whilst achieving the required targets. Lead incident investigations within teams - both people and equipment.
* Security - manage site security in terms of systems and manned personnel. Includes perimeter checks.
* Near miss and hazard reduction and control (e.g. pedestrian segregation) - drive engagement and compliance through MOT. Management of the Winter contingency plan and CCTV monitoring.
* Stocks - Ensure management of stocks (finished product hired stock across all batches and raw materials) to agreed trigger levels to ensure availability. To manage stock holding efficiency to ensure optimum storage cost, including out-storage where required. Completion of daily and weekly stock reconciliations and investigations into stock variances.
* Reporting - Manage reporting of all stock and flow movements to and from the plant (and supporting outstores and TPMs) via accurate data input and timely processing. Attendance of the network weekly stocks and flows call. Provision of information for PQCDSM Scorecard and Monthly POLT and Reports.
* Labour Costs - Ensure efficient use of labour pool available on the shift ensuring overtime is minimised and attendance is optimised through robust attendance management.
* Activity hours - ensure completion of daily/weekly entry and reconciliation of activity hours and ensure end of month release of activity hours in SAP.
* Process Improvement - Contribute and drive process improvement within the yard and service department through projects and continuous improvement.
* Turnaround performances - monitor and improve site turnaround performance of hauliers to network and plant targets. Adherence to appointment scheduling process and targets where applicable.
* Machinery - ensure safety and process equipment checks compliance
* Suppliers - work closely with FLT and Waste equipment suppliers to ensure maximum machinery capability and minimise downtime.
* Staff Management - Manage all industrial relations issues within team including performance management, absence management, grievances, appeals etc. Distribute of service office and yard tasks to all team members as appropriate. Provide short-term cover to yard or service desk where required.
* Communication - enable and deliver excellent communication channels with all employees on team. Ensure regular updates on shifts, regarding shift, team, plant, and company performance.
* Training - ensure all shift members have the skills required to carry out their role (including SAP training), and development plans generated for each individual. Support network annual staff sap and procedure reviews.
* Appraisal and Reward & Recognition - ensure completion of appraisals and objective setting and review.
* Customer service - ensure issues are managed efficiently and effectively and in a timely manner with customers, retailers, and hauliers as necessary. Ensure internal customer requests are handled effectively and timely.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
* 2-3 years supervisory experience in high volume manufacturing operations environment
* Experience of leading and achieving results in an extremely target driven high volume manufacturing environment
* Experience of Lean manufacturing and process control (six-sigma) techniques.
* Proven skills and capabilities in leadership, communication, people management, and problem solving.
* Use of Project Management tools and techniques
* PC Literate - particularly strong Excel and SAP skills