White Rose is a chain of handpicked recycled fashion retail shops supporting the work of The Aegis Trust. White Rose continues to expand and we are looking for a Retail Manager to open our brand new Newark Store!
Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire
Hours: Full-time (5 days out of 7 on a rotating shift basis) including weekends and bank holidays.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To be responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of the new White Rose Shop in Newark. This includes:
* Optimizing sales
* Effective stock management and merchandising
* Leadership of the store team
* Management of volunteers
* Delivering excellent customer service
* Maintaining financial records
* Promoting the work of the Aegis Trust
* Work to budgeted sales targets and will be accountable for the shop's daily expenditure.
* Shop Premises: Ensuring they are clean, safe, secure and tidy.
* Trading hours: Maintain the opening and closing of the shops and ensuring trading hours are strictly adhered to.
* Staffing: To help recruit, train and motivate a team of volunteers to assist in the running of the shops. To help maintain a weekly rota and to delegate shop tasks to the staff and volunteers according to their strengths.
* Budgets: To manage the store in achieving sales targets and when applicable help recognize and implement additional opportunities for income and reductions in shop costs.
* Stock: Operate the stock management systems in place, to help release the maximum profit possible from donated goods. To help with the production of attractive and themed displays which will change at regular intervals.
* Administration and Financial Procedures: To maintain an accurate and scrupulously honest account of the shop's financial position. To reconcile the takings on a daily basis and bank cash on a daily basis when possible. To ensure strict security measures are implemented for unbanked cash at weekends and holiday periods.
* Pricing: To price stock according to White Rose's pricing structure
* Regulations: To comply with all current legislation and White Rose policies and practices.
* Promotion of The Aegis Trust: Under the leadership of The Aegis Trust, to help to use the shop as a vehicle to promote the charity to volunteers and customers using the communication materials provided and one's own empathy for the cause.
* Visual Merchandising: Manage the displaying of stock to a high standard.
* Previous experience in a retail environment
* Previous managerial experience
* An interest in fashion, brands and trends
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Good organisation skills
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Long service awards
* Staff social events
* Birthday gift card