The energy system in our country is changing. This impacts how - and when - businesses use energy as part of a wider strategy to ensure cost effective system balancing and de-carbonisation of our industry's infrastructure.
We are looking for a Director: Energy Efficiency to join our highly successful optimisation team. They will be responsible for leading and directing the energy efficiency division of Optimisation services at Inspired Energy Plc. This role affords flexibility and autonomy for the right candidate to shape the direction and business plan for this division. This a home based role with some travel when allowed.
• To take ownership of and benchmark/develop existing products and services to a PLC standard catering for Corporate customers and prospects across the Group.
• To identify new product and service concepts in-line with market opportunities and drive through to professional service offerings.
• To link pro actively with the Marketing department to create & execute sales related messaging & campaigns
• To effectively support new and existing customers in up-selling, project managing & delivering Optimisation services • Management, development & scaling of the subcontractor channel for required technologies
• Maintenance and development of customer relationships, scheduling the delivery of Optimisation Solutions - acting as the Technical Lead between our business and our customers.
• To develop and lead a growing delivery team capable of servicing an increasing customer base.
• Ancillary sales of other Inspired service offerings that are supportive to the customer in their journey towards Carbon Net Zero & Sustainability.
• Technical awareness, lead & delivery of Engineering & Efficiency services including site surveys, efficiency services, project evaluation, project management & implementation
• Monthly board level management reporting to Managing Director of Optimisation Services in-line with agreed KPIs
• Attend customer meetings / video conferences as required, managing the communication of progress updates.
• To liaise and collaborate with other divisions/service areas of the Optimisation Team and wider group business as and when required on an ad-hoc basis.
• Research and Development of new technology / solutions / regulation changes / products / competitor analysis
• Attend industry events where required & appropriate
• Read and comply with the company Health & Safety Policy; taking reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others; co-operate with managers and other employees in fulfilling our objectives and statutory duties
The successful candidate must have a good track record of leading & developing a successful Engineering Team.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* Engineering Degree: BEng Hons and/or BSc
* 5+ years UK Utility & Carbon industry knowledge and experience
* Demonstrated record in engineering solution sales & project management of efficiency measures
* A full clean UK driving license