Job Shop Recruitment has the pleasure in recruiting for a Registered Manager for a Care home who caters for Learning Disabilities based in the Torquay area.
The home has 19 beds with 13 residents and at the last CQC Inspection the home rated "GOOD".
You will be required to manage the day-to-day and overall development of the residential Home including co-ordination of all services and activities within the home and to be responsible for the staff team.
As a Registered Manager you will be required to influence the growth and direction of the home by identifying service needs and by initiating and managing joint working with other professionals, local authority staff, specialist health services and primary health care teams.
You will have to help train and develop staff skills, Supervise and instruct staff team and new staff members in all aspects of their work, giving help and guidance where appropriate. Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence, attending mandatory training days/course, on or off site and formal supervision meetings.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications (Required)
* CQC requirements 2 years 'experience in a senior management capacity in the managing of a relevant care setting within the past 5 years; and
* a qualification at Level 4 NVQ Care and a qualification in Management at Level 4 NVQ or above" or equivalent
* Strong leadership qualities
* Experience in delivering care sensitive to the individual needs of service users
* Thorough and robust understand of relevant legislation
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
* Genuine passion and desire in delivering the highest standards of care in a person-centred approach to the client group
* To be a registered manager responsible for the maintenance of registration standards as laid down in the National Care Standards Act and as regulated by the Care Quality Commission.
* To ensure that services and support are provided in a person centred way, using person centred approaches.
* To contribute to the overall development of services, and to ensure compliance with the aims and objectives of "Valuing People".
* The care and safety of staff and of service users when they are residing at the Home or otherwise in the charge of Home staff.
* The day to day management and administration of the Home in accordance with statutory regulations and Company policies.
* The promotion of an environment conducive to a high standard of care in which service users can participate, according to their capacity and wishes.
* To be responsible for the recruitment of staff within the Home; ensuring that all recruitment is in line with the Company's policy on 'Service Users involvement in Recruitment'; and to ensure that all recruitment is in line with equal opportunities policy.
* To organise regular staff and multi-disciplinary meetings and develop effective means of communication within the Home and across services.
Care of Service Users
* To be responsible principally for service users' personal health and care needs through supervision of care practice and direct care as necessary
* Ensure that staff are familiar with and adhere to care plans as agreed for service users
* To create and maintain good relationships with service users, providing access to systems within the Home that facilitate the service users' involvement with decision affecting their lives
* To develop and maintain good relations with service users' families/advocates facilitating their involvement in any developments/changes affecting the service users' lives
* To assess and review all aspects of service users' lives through individual planning, incorporating policies and procedures on admission, care planning, reviewing, discharge, and death
* To participate and direct staff in the identification of service users' needs, develop individual care plans, ensuring systems are in place to monitor their effectiveness and review needs regularly
* To ensure service users' healthcare needs are assessed and recognized, with procedures in place to address, review and monitor individual needs
* To develop, maintain and promote a healthy diet for service users, offering choice and recognizing individual preferences/diet and cultural requirements and maintaining necessary required records
* To ensure service users receive day care and activities appropriate to individual need through facilitating the resources required and access to local amenities/information/services that will enhance their lifestyles, and recognize individual cultural/religious preferences
* To develop and maintain procedures and practices within the Home that empowers service users to achieve independence and self-advocacy, incorporating comprehensive individual risk assessment
* To be accountable for the medication issued to the Home, ensuring all necessary records are maintained, including medication stock and disposal, and staff training
* To actively create an environment in which service users are safeguarded against abuse/threatening behaviour by ensuring policies and procedures are implemented, and monitoring procedures of care practice are evident in the Home
* To promote and maintain non-aggressive and non-abusive behaviour and mange challenging behaviour providing support at times of distress
For more information please email your CV and a consultant will be in touch